Let me break this down for you:
1. The Right Vision: this means getting really clear on what you want your real estate investments to do for your life. Financial freedom? Tax benefits? Leave a legacy? What types of investment properties do you desire? How do you desire to work in real estate? (investor, property manager, etc.) Where would you like real estate to take you in 5, 10, 20 years?
2. The Right Team: real estate investing is not something you can do alone. That’s why we at REI goddesses believe so strongly in bringing great team members to our community. Make sure that you are surrounding yourself with people who can help answer your questions, give you tools and resources to help support you, and guide you through the highs and lows that are part of the investing process.
3. The Right Market: Is the market you want to invest in landlord and business-friendly? What is the cost of housing? Is there a high job and/or population growth? Is it a market that you’re...
There are three main reasons I believe why more women aren’t investing in real estate:
1) Many simply have not considered the incredible advantages of real estate, or that they could ever participate as a real estate investor.
Perhaps they haven’t considered that there is an option for creating income other than trading their time for money. Or maybe they just think it’s something that “very rich” people do, and it’s not something they could ever afford.
2) They understand real estate investing in the abstract but do not know how to apply those concepts to their own work or investing.
They understand the concepts of real estate investment, but they don’t know how to do it. They don’t know what steps to take, or where to go in order to gain the necessary knowledge.
3) Last but certainly not least, they understand how it works, but they’re afraid they’re going to lose money.
They have heard of people making lots of money in...